Thread: searching woes
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:01 PM

Also I have to say that UltraRecall search is quite bad at finding strings of words - - lets say I just pasted that aforementioned phrase of 16 words into a text item, and then into quick search... I have found that almost every time I search for a complex of words (NOT a phase search), i.e. Word 1, and Word 2, and Word 3 etc... that UR does not find anything....

Since a lot of my need for searching involves longish strings of words, and/or phrases and UR doesn't really accomodate these successfully, I have stopped using UR, even though the rest of the application is quite superb.

So I would like to see UR come up to the standard of products like InfoSelect, WhizFolders, and AskSam for searching.

And I would like to see UR implement internal linking to include building links to editor positions (anchors) in text items, along with the ability to copy and paste links to Items in the tree into the text area, so that it would be possible to create like a "Home Page" with potentially many Hyperlinks for navigational purposes - something like a web page.

Thanks,