View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 09:01 PM

It suddenly clicked for me.

Wow...

Ultra Recall just clicked for me. Until know I have been on the sidelines. I had a clue of what it can do but it had not jelled for me how I could use it (I am a big fan of InfoSelect). I bet every user of Ultra Recall is going to have that moment when it all comes together if they give it enough time. I usually use a browser called iRider which is excellent. It lets you mark web pages to open every time you open the browser (pinned). Sort of like tabbed browsing but more powerful. I usually have a bunch of forums I track and all of them are pinned so they open every time. Many times I find post that I want to reply to but I may want to work on my reply a little and not post it in that session. In Ultra Recall I can create a child text template item and work on the post there, I guess I could even do it in the item notes. I can then flag it so I don't loose track of it or even create my own item attributes to keep track of these types of things. COOL!!!!. I could go on and on about this program. Whoever the main developer is behind this thing thinks allot like I do:

Lots of keyboard shortcuts of somebody like me that likes to stay with the keyboard whenever possible.

Network friendly so I can open the same database from my laptop or desktop.

Ability to hide the program in the system tray (Love the use of the esc key) and bring it back up almost instantly with WIN-Z.

Indexing of all data for fast searches.

The way the window system works letting me organize all windows wherever I want or even join them up with tabs (love the F11 key)

Ability to create new templates that define what I attributes I want to keep for that particular type of item.

The favorites menu which lets me assign shortcuts and basically allows anything to be a favorite.

Last but not least the ability to link items everywhere in the tree without creating duplicates (probably it's greatest feature but one I have not put to much use yet because my db is still relatively small).