View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 11:07 PM

Scope & Navigation

Volume breaks things, whether it be a normally adequate breakwater or a tolerable spreadsheet payroll solution. With information, it’s about managing scope. "Show me the unresolved production alerts grouped by production line and section. I don’t care about the 1,000’s of resolved alerts or which production lines are open or closed - just give me a data view of what I should be working on now! Oh - and make it an outlined data view so I can navigate more efficiently."

Thanks for your reply xja and I agree with your sentiment. It is annoying however that UR is so close on so many fronts. If UR was just OK, then we wouldn’t store all that much information in it. However, it is so good that we get wildly excited and start shoving data in at a fast rate. With this large volume of valuable information, UR holds together rather well with only a few small leaks appearing. What’s the main source of these leaks? Scope & Navigation. Potential repair? Filtered Tree View.

Kinook will do it one day. Perhaps you need to go find that other …task management solution… whilst continuing to use UR for other purposes?