View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 AM

I agree with Cnewtonne but have different reasons. I appreciate that it took a week to migrate your data into UR. I have to regularly import and export large amounts of data to UR and find the process to be maddeningly slow. I have no doubt that your week long migration could have been reduced to a day or two. My experiences with other information repositories (although not all) is that there are others that do this job far more efficiently.

There is a problem with importing large, note delimited files. I have learned to plan these imports around times when the computer is free. The normal dialogue appeared when the process was initiated. Imagine my surprise to return the next morning to find the import failed - no error message, nothing.

I am frustrated with UR hogging 100% of the CPU, virtually disabling my ability to do anything else with the machine. I rarely see this with my other information managers and I would expect the highly intelligent, professional, and responsive designers of UR to recognize this shortcoming and fix it.

UR's reliance on Microsoft products for me is regrettable, but understandable. However, IE has significant shrtcomings which are not completely resolved by using an external browser. I am referring to the occasional appearance of the "switch to" dialogue.

I have stated before that emailing data to help with problem resolution is not an option for me. I respect Kinook's integrity - but the law says that I could go to jail for disclosure of patient information. It also is unethical, so I can't.

Please excuse me if I seem to be piling it on. This program is fantastic and has great potential. I think we need to admit that it has problems that require resolution before adding features.

Cnewtonne, can you tell me to which software you will be returning?

Jon

Last edited by Jon Polish; 05-31-2007 at 08:14 AM.