Thread: Tab Titles
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 03:46 PM

Yes, Quant, I agree. UR is very versatile and flexible. There are all kinds of ways of using it and your suggested workaround is certainly valid. However, I was really just making a feature suggestion that would make UR easier for the way that I like to work. Of course there are a multitude of workarounds one could come up with, such as the ones you mentioned. However, any such workaround requires the user to stop and think about what he's doing and that moment of stopping and thinking is a sign that the user interface is not as intuitive as it could be.

I hate to keep harping on about PB, but it just seems to me that the developers of PB put more thought into how users actually interact with the application. I was one of the users who originally requested tabs and hoisting in UR. If you search back through the forum threads from several years back, you'll find that I had lengthy, heated discussions with other users regarding the importance of implementing a tabbed interface in UR and other related features. Kinook has always been very responsive to feature requests, and I applaud them for that, however, I sometimes think that their development approach is somewhat reactive, rather than proactive. In other words, users request certain features and they implement those features without really thinking through how users will actually use those features.

Anyway, I think this topic has been beaten to death. This is a really simple feature request and I hope Kinook implements it, but I think it's time to move on to something else. 'Nuff said!