View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:13 AM

Multiple instances

I must admit that I haven't played with layouts much. Yes, that does take me a step in the desired direction. Thank you for opening my eyes on that. Perhaps I'm missing some other features that would allow me to work the way I want.

One of things that I really enjoy about UR is the ability to logically link items. I'm giddy about the ability to create seemingly endless relationships. The real underlying reason for my original post about opening multiple instances is my frustration at not being able to undock tabs and then be able to see and manipulate multple items (tabs) at the same time. If an item is linked to another item, I would just like to be able to see them both at the same time.

UR already has the ability to allow multiple users to access a database from different workstations. If a single user could open multiple instances then I would be able to open as many instances as I like and be able to view/manipulate as many items as I want.

As I said earlier, maybe it's there but I'm missing it or maybe there is a better way to accomplish what I'm describing.

I'm fortunate to have 2 monitors and would love to have UR in one open to the project I'm scheduled to work on and have another instance of UR in the other so I can follow e-mail trails, perform searches, take care of support requests that have nothing to do with my main project.

I would appreciate any insights, comments, suggestions