View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Angry From bad to worse

Okay, thanks for the quick answer and for the tips. However:

- Backup: Yeah, of course, you never have them when you need them... But definitely the way to go

- Cross-DB Copy: Although not really the preferred option (I have thousands of items, some others than the one I have identified may be corrupted too, how would I know that I'm not corrupting a new DB?). Anyway. Opened the corrupted one, then a blank new one. Copied a folder with some items from corrupted one, and when pressing CTRL+V on the new one => UR has vanished! Without a trace nor even a message box. Unhandled exception anyone?

- Repair Utility: Even more wow this one. Got some cryptic SQL dump in the command window ending with "SQL error: no such table: main.TemplateItemAttribute"

So, out of the 3 options, I'm left to my own devices again :-(

Some more info: the DB is only 30MB (I have another one nearing 100MB which is doing fine). I'm using latest version 3.0.4 on XP SP2 going virtual (VPC). UR Db resides on a shared drive.

Fortunately, it seems that the corruption is limited to just one item (which is leaving nice in the UR recycle bin). For now.

HELP !