View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
are you getting rid of PB?
I really like PB4 a lot. The visual metaphor is very nice and I think it's highly unlikely that UR will ever offer anything like that. I tried using PB for a while, but in the end, I decided to come back to UR. The two main reasons I chose to stay with UR over PB are:

1. I like the idea of being able to store all information and all files within a single encrypted database. PB does offer the option to "Move files into the brain", but it's really not the same thing, as it still relies on the Windows file system to store the files.

2. I love the fact that UR allows for user-definable attributes and custom forms. The custom forms are a feature I requested years ago and I'm glad Kinook finally got around to implementing it.

I also like the fact that UR has a built-in browser. I only wish the browser was a more complete implementation of IE. The constant Javascript errors are annoying, not to mention all the limitations and quirks of the tabbed browsing interface. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, there are numerous third party IE-based browsers that do not suffer from these problems. The browser is such a key component to UR that I'm surprised they haven't put more effort into making it more robust.