View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:15 AM

Response to Stephen:

> Two things I don't understand. 1) Why doesn't the go back command bring you back to the same place? And if it doesn't work right (which I can't confirm), why isn't the solution to fix it, instead of adding an additional feature...

Go back doesn't work as expected in UR, especially when the user goes deep into the Data Explorer pane for some Info Items/Folders, and this is confirmed! Besides this, go back is not as confortable and technical a solution if compared to the right-click request above that allows you to copy, move, link without leaving your spot.

> 2) How would the right-click menu allow you to go anywhere? Wouldn't you have to duplicate the same troublesome tree in the right click menu, producing an awfully long one with the same problems?

For an explanation to this see the attached pictures showing ContentSaver (MyBase does something similar, but at the moment I don't have it installed.)

> Other programs that I've seen with this feature don't let the user go anywhere, but only to locations they have pre-selected for the right-click menu.

See the pictures attached, especially CS02.jpg.

> This kind of functionality in UR is given by the Favorites menu.

Favorites is a pre-selected, limited approach indeed that also brings about the same results as for the user to *lose* his/er "place" when going back various levels to his/er original place, as compared to the solution requested above, that allows you to copy, move, link without leaving the Info Item you are working with.

Leoram
Attached Files
File Type: zip cspics.zip (209.6 KB, 1869 views)

Last edited by Leoram; 02-03-2006 at 09:21 AM.