View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Semanticum
[snip] Is this what you are looking for? Please let me know what you think about it. [/snip]
Dominik, Before all else, thank you for spending the time on this. It is far more complete than what I came up with.

That's probably because I did not have any Swiss chocolates to eat while I was working on it. :-)

The idea of storing the older versions at the bottom & working up makes all kinds of sense. Question is how are you accomplishing this since UR doesn't allow insert parent. Are you placing versions manually?

The other thing is that I wonder if the versions need to be in the outline because user could add a version column in item chld items & sort that way....; doesn't look as pretty but may work. Or both

I think the form is good & has some things I didn't even consider. If I were to use it (& I would like to do that as I'm working on an aritcle now), I would make a few suggestions for your comments:

I think I would create a list of versions & add 'Final" as part of that list

In 'Status' I would add 'Idea" to your list so it would be:

Idea
Research
Draft

Possible field additions:

# of words (sometimes editors assign & pay by # of words)

Graphic or photos (especially for travelogue article). Don't know if this should be something where links could be added as children..... or something.

What do you think?

Funny, if we were doing this in ADM we could do this in real time via skype... what a shame.

Jan