View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 12:04 PM

Sure -

The "fix" isn't ideal. What would be ideal is to have native styles within URP3.

Now - mind you, I haven't done a lot with this method yet because I've got other priorities on my plate. But I did create a couple of what I'm going to call "style-inserts."

First, in Word, I created a style called boldredyellow, which you can infer is a bold red font on a yellow background. I then spelled out "bry" and set it's style to boldredyellow.

Then I copied the text to the Windows clipboard.

Switching to MacroToolworks, I created a clipboard macro called (you guessed it) boldredyellow, which took the current clipboard contents as its value.

I haven't gone so far as to create menus for this yet (again - priorities), but I created a hot key (Ctrl+B,Y) and now when I press this key combination, the boldredyellow "bry" is inserted.

I then have to select the bry text and can start typing with the new style.

It's an irritating kluge - far from ideal. But it's faster than jumping out to Word, writing my text, stylizing some of it boldredyellow and then coming back into the URP3 environment. But what the heck - I work with the world I live in.

URP3 is a superior product. Nothing does everything. I'm not going to complain - too much about something like this.

I got hoisting. I'm a very happy camper.

Regards,
Bal