View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 AM

Does anyone want this?

I really spent 2 hours on this today! Is there really a customer who wants that rebuilding a step ignores the conditional rules? This is amazingly unexpected behaviour.

Why isn't there an explicit command in the context menu "Rebuild selected (ignoring rules)"? Maybe the existing entry could be renamed so that users are warned...

When a build fails, I sometimes completed it by selecting all of the remaining steps, calling "Rebuild selected". Well, this could be the reason why we sometimes have had releases which really didn't work well! We probably spent thousands of € not knowing about this "feature", wondering why the last build was quite good and this build is as erroneuos as never before.

Yes, of course: it is mentioned in the help file. It is my own fault not reading all that stuff...

BTW: The button "Test" also performs a "REBUILD selected", although the tooltip says "Saves the changes and BUILDs the step". It has exactly the same problem. It's also described in the help file...

So now after all my frustration here are my final questions: how can I execute a single step WITH rules? How can I execute multiple selected steps WITH rules?