View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 03:34 PM

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. You cannot use logical links to perform in-context linking. A logical link can only link two objects at the object level. It cannot be used to form a link between a keyword within a document and some other document.

There may be various alternatives, such as the method you proposed above, but none of these alternatives will link within context and that is my entire point. I also think it's a bit ridiculous for you to refer to hyperlinking as the "poor cousin" of logical linking. The "wiki" organizational paradigm is very different from, yet complementary to the cloning paradigm. Each has its strengths and weaknesses and each serves a very different purpose. Cloning is more structured, yet also more limiting. Hyperlinking is less structured but provides for an infinite number of possibilities for linking objects by providing the user with the ability to link from specific text within the object.

I've always felt that the ideal application would be one that could offer the best of both worlds - the structure of an outliner with the power of a wiki. MyInfo has accomplished this and at this point it is the only application I'm aware of that has both outlining and wiki capabilities.