View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
It does appear that Excel 2007 doesn't display the ribbon when hosted inside of IE. Excel will prompt to save unsaved changes when leaving the item, and Ctrl+S with focus in Excel will also save.
OK. Useful to know, then, is the F12 is Excel's "save as" option, because otherwise, relying on the current default behaviour, Excel sheets can only be created internally to UR and they are stored within UR when saved - there is no "save as" possibility.

However, if you F12 to save as, then when you leave a spreadsheet, UR does NOT ask to save the spreadsheet, it does not synchronize it internally, and changes are not saved, so users would need both F12 and Ctrl-S to save copies externally and internally.

If the kind people of Kinook could look at ways of overcoming this it would be quite a nice addition ...

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook

I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior. Does restarting UR help? Can you ZIP and send or post a .urd file with the problem item (copy into a new DB)? Thanks.
I think I have resolved the issue by emptying the "Item title" attribute of the Excel template. As UR cannot currently "save as", opening more than one file seemed to make UR try to open and close and save two files with the same name at the same time. Hence the crash. It now saves as the document title, so those need to be different per spreadsheet.

Graham