View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 05:48 AM

Viewing Word 2007 in UR with Windows XP

I saw a thread about problems with Office 2007 and Vista. I am experiencing strange behavour with UR and Office 2007 but on XP. Any pointers would be appreciated.

1) I followed to the letter the advice on how to create a Word template as shown in the same Document Summary sample. I create the template, I can create a new item, but I cannot edit the item (the cursor sits in the middle of the editting pane and keyboard input just "peeps" as if no editting is allowed.

2) In the same file it states about Word documents: "To view internally: add the appropriate extension to the File extensions to display in internal browser view: list found at Tools | Options | Browser <tab>."

If I do this, any Word document I click on in UR opens the file in Word EXTERNALLY.

3) In the same file it states: "To edit internally: do the above step, and also ensure the appropriate extension is loaded in the File extensions to open stored documents writable: list found at Tools | Options | Documents <tab>."

This works ONLY if I turn off the change made in (2) above; and also it displays the text without any rich text formatting (bold, italic etc) at all, so is basically pointless. Excel and Powerpoint also show in the same unformatted way.

Any pointers?