View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:03 PM

Re: Wont' share your approach?

Quote:
Originally posted by PIMfan
Re: templates vs. forms - you're right. I corrected the error. Thanks!

Just curious - Why in the world would you not desire to help fellow UR users by sharing your experience and usage?

I honestly believe that the only outcome that will result from our sharing is that we can all become more proficient at using UR. This, in turn, lets us show other non-users just how powerful it is.

The more people use (purchase) and support UR, the more capable the fine Kinook folks can make the platform (more licensed users for them, more funds to continue development for all).

Perhaps you disagree? Curiosity is killing me....
Ditto! This is why I spend quite some time trying to help new users when they have some troubles, or at least I try. Cause kinook is based in US, and I'm in Europe, so if I can reply to someone in European time, they can get help faster. Basically for the same reason that you explain above. Also, I try to give useful suggestions to kinook, so that this software can progress. I already recommended this software to many people, cause I genuinely think it's great, and "word of mouth" is the best way for getting new clients.

Nevertheless, mentioning all the above, I realized that this software can give me a little edge in my business (or at least I believe or convinced myself), and it's the little edge that you need today to survive in the strong competition.

So you see now, I'd like to help, really, but something in the back on my head is telling me not to do so too much. What can I do? Am I bad person?