View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cris Tontchev
I have to say that I am very happy with Windows Vista in terms of perfomance
have you tried any other operating system running on the same hardware? certainly not, cause only then you'd see what's Vista performance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cris Tontchev
My backgound is not computer sciences, so I can't make any technical comparissons, but as a end-user I can feel and say the difference while using my unit. Am I am really loving Vista!
Maybe it's nicer (at what performance cost), but in all other aspects, it's a big looser. Play some video, music, and soon you'll see among the processes one that takes a lot of resources, just for the big brother to check whether you are not watching some protected content. This itself is easy for the attackers to make your system completely unstable, just by changing some tilt bit. Video cards will have to have some "black box" inside them, making them more expensive, and impossible to write free drivers for them. I'm not going into details, everything is in the links mentioned above. Am I going to support company that from the beginning assumes I'm thief, upgrade product that is slower and less stable than the previous version (XP), and imposes unnecessary expenses on the whole market of video cards because Hollywood decided to? I wish people would ask sth similar before spending money on Vista and on upgrading their system because Vista demands it.