View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 02:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UR not creating link to webpage

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
Daly, I understand your frustration(s) as I have shared some of the same. I posed the same comment re: depending on launchy to kyle (one of the K's in Kinook) during the beta trials.

However, I decided -- as I posted -- to use URp's IE6 browser as my default browser (on my w2k machine) & it works for me, both for links & content. For secure pages, I use net snippets until I have time to research for an alternative.

Importing my favorites & bookmarks into URp is painless & tabbing is available within URp so that's not an issue either.
Jan, thanks for the post.

Until yesterday, everything was working perfectly.

Today it is not.

Even with IE 6 it is not.

If this issue isn't resolved I will dump UR once and for all.

I can still use MyInfo for text, Surfulater for web clipping, and give up the luxury of having a program in which I can do both when it is more convenient to do so. Surfulater does let me do some note-making, and it has logical links.

Or I can use MDE InfoHandler, and with a rather complex series of links to web files I save from the browser end up with an all in one solution. Plus the most customizable keyword options on the market

Or I can try IDEA from Sycon, and just group files together in a logical way, while allowing each program to do what it is best suited for.

Or, in a better world, ADM wouldn't have disappeared from the marketplace.

What I cannot understand is why something that worked one day isn't working the next, even after reinstalls.

And then I start to read carefully the other messages on ww.outlinersoftware.com and this forum, and realize I may have just been lucky having it all work in the first place.

I am mightily pissed. I may be a CRIMPer at heart, but I don't have time for this sort of stuff. I am on tight deadlines this week plus getting hospital calls.

Daly