View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 04:26 PM

I may have found the problem. It seems that the label appears (or is created) in the mainline when the file version (set by Surround SCM) in the parent branch and child branch are the same. And this number is incremented every time a file is modified. So if I create a label for a file in the child branch that has a version number of 5 (for example), and that same file has a version number of 1 in the parent branch, then the label is only created for the file in the child branch.

The 'Surround SCM' action step has a version textbox in the Flags tab. It doesn't seem to work, maybe I need to play with it more. According to some web site, if the version number is specified, it is ignored if the filename is not specified. I only type in a "/" or a repository name like "/Source Code" in the items or files to process box to process each file in the repository and create a label for each one, and I have done that successfully. Is what I'm writing in the files to process textbox not specifying a file?

Can anyone tell me how to use the version textbox? I think I need to specify the version number, but do I also need to specify the filename? I guess it makes sense to label only modified files. Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks.