View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 10:31 AM

Does synch fail when PC suspends?

Hi All,

I also lost a whole load of work yesterday. The experience was just as descibed here, except I've no idea what caused the failure to update from the word temp file. I closed word down Ok, with no save prompt, so word was up-to-date, then ... not sure.

Today I opened up UR and got yesterday morning's file back. I couldn't believe it. I've done loads of edits and saves today, checking all the time, and UR exits and so on and synch works fine each time.

Unlike the previous poster I didn't do anything with the file in UR after I edited it, I just went to bed. I'm pretty sure I exited UR and got no synch message, however I can only think maybe I must have left UR on then the PC went on standby or something - maybe the dreaded automatic upgrade.

Any clues where I went wrong? I think one thing that made me feel more secure was a mis-interpretation of the UR manual. In the section on editing external files it talks about the synch taking place when you do a Ctrl-S and I'd thought it was talking about the CTRL-S from inside the Word environment.

Silly me eh?

regards

Ian