View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM

Reviewing and summarizing multiple pages using a single review pane

Kinook,
Sorry for the confusing title, but I could not come up with more descriptive one. Can you please guide me into a way I can use to achieve this process in UR please.

I do research for living. A common daily encounter I come across is when I collect my sources to summarize them. For example, today, I collected 30 web pages on subject I wanted to review. I put all these pages in one folder.

I then wanted to go through each page one a time and extract the summary information then move on to the next one and so forth. I extract the summary by reading the page and then typing in my summary in the item note pane. I have to have, minimally, the page and the summary edit item note pane visible simultaneously. The problem, is when I move to the next page, the item note pane refreshes with it and I get a new blank one.

Different application implemented a process to do this in different ways. The most elegant of all is that used by Surfulator. It allows you to simply use a hot key to append to an existing item. It works so good and has me drooling all over. MyBase, on the other hand, allows you to tile 2 windows or more (within the main app window) and pin a window so it never refreshes while the other one changes as you move across pages. This is beautiful too.

Natively, I do not think UR has this process considered in its design (unless I'm missing something). How can I accomplish this process in UR as it exists today? Is there a work-around?

Thanks