View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Well...

Greetings!

No, the various file extensions listed seem to be OK -- as indicated in Options (I even checked for typos), so that's not the problem. Frankly, it would be nice if the user did not have to fiddle with these file extension matters. UR should include instead a built-in (and updatable) "universal file extension" opener, so to speak. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining here (UR is a great program, indeed), but forcing endusers to type in (or frequently check) these file extentions is an annoying task.

Also, I am well aware that the files are stored somewhere on the hard disk, but that is not the issue, which is that UR "buries" these stored files (e.g., webpages) in places relatively hard to negotiate toward, and there should be an option for users to decide where these files are stored because after all they have to be backed up eventually (apparently, if I'm not mistaken, they are also not stored within the .urd itself). And if they are not stored internally (which is what the links say they have been!) then this is a major problem, is it not?

Regards