View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Mac
I purchased TreeDBNotes Pro just a few minutes ago at Bits... Unfortunately I am pretty much a software addict and whenever any outliner in particular is on sale like this I usually end up grabbing it...
LOL! I've got the same weakness (or we could say passion) when it comes to new software. But I'm slowing down these days--mostly to create (a little) more time for other things...

UR works fine for all my text notes. I wouldn't want to store notes in a separate container since they're often tightly integrated with other content. As for rich text and tables in particular, I guess those with MS Office tend to be more content with UR for complex notes. Out of curiosity, do you guys have MS WORD? If so, do you edit UR notes externally in WORD very often?

I have Office 2007, but functionality UR inherits from riched20.dll is sufficient for 90% of my rich text notes. However, looking only at notes with tables, I end up in WORD roughly 30 to 40% of the time to access a few advanced features.

If I have a truly complex document (chapters, footnotes, etc.) I create and maintain it externally with WORD and just link it to UR.