View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 03:49 PM

Thanks kevina, removing .rtf from the 'File extensions to display in internal browser view' extension list has stopped Ultra Recall from using MSWord for all rtf editing as required.

It doesn't seem to make any difference if I have .doc in the 'File extensions to open stored documents writeable', or not. They always open writable (with MSWord) in the item details pane. This is quite acceptable. I can live with the loss of UR shortcut key functionality (esp. F11). However, I can't get this arrangement to work on my laptop using the same settings.

If I select an MSWord document in the Data Explorer window on my laptop, I see 'Item Details [Stored] - <filename>' on the item details tab. Then, a (confusing) dialog appears asking if I want to Open or Save the document. If I choose Open, the file will only open externally in MSWord, and the title bar text reads, "<filename> (UltraRecall copy) (Read-Only) - Microsoft Word". But when I open this file directly from the Windows explorer, it is saveable!

Alternatively, if I remove .doc from the 'File extensions to display in internal browser view', I'm given the choice of two links, 1 "Click here to open stored document" and 2. "Click here to open linked document". Both these links open the document externally. Option 1 (stored) opens the UltraRecall copy, Read-Only but Option 1 (linked) opens the file saveable!

It doesn't seem to make any difference if I have .doc in the 'File extensions to open stored documents writeable', or not. Unlike my desktop, the documents on my laptop always open externally, either automatically (as read-only) or, if I choose not to display .doc files in the internal browser, after clicking on one of the two links shown.

Last edited by Taxi; 01-04-2006 at 03:51 PM.