View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 12:30 AM

All of the following comments apply to my Desktop computer! I only mentioned my Laptop because it may be significant that I get different functionality with the same default setup, but it's the Desktop setup that is unworkable and urgently needs to be sorted.

I'm not trying to make all stored rtf content open read-only.
I'm not trying to view all rtf internally in Ultra Recall with Microsoft Word. (This is what is happening, but I don't want it!)

rtf is in both the File extensions to display in internal browser view, and in the File extensions to open stored documents writeable as I do want to edit .rtf (but not with MSWord!)

I don't actually want to use MSWord for EDITING at all, and I've removed it from the list of File extensions to open stored documents writeable, but without any apparent effect.

The 'rich text' I'm referring to is internal notes in the item details pane, NOT stored rtf files, (with rtf extensions) but presumably the rtf settings should apply to this text.

I would prefer to see the text of my MSWord documents from within UltraRecall (for reading or copying), but would be prepared to open them in MSWord for editing in order to retain the UR shortcut key functionality (esp. F11). Is there a combination of settings that will make this possible? If not, then I just need to stop UR from using MSWord.