View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:48 AM

I upgraded to a high-end, custom built notebook and threw everything performance related into it. Memory, high speed hard drive, high speed CPU with large L2 cache and high speed bus, premium graphics card - well, you get the idea. I have read all about Vista's troubles and was taking the criticism with a grain of salt. Yet I wanted to be prepared for the increased harware demands Vista requires to run well. As insurance, I even got an XP downgrade CD just in case.

I was unprepared for the experience. What a piece of crap! Software that cannnot install, software that will install but not run, the ineficiencies imposed by so many mouse clicks/keystrokes when compared to XP are just a few of my gripes. Proprietary software? Forget it. By far the biggest problem is Vista's lack of speed in most areas. It is far slower than XP even when XP is run on a computer with 1/4 of the memorry and a slower HD. Did I downgrade? Yup. But the downgrade disk does not include all the drivers needed to properly run my notebook, so I am stuck with Vista.

So I fullly agree with you.

By the way, any advice on my UR problem? Kinook?

Jon