View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 06:39 PM

The stability and reliability of UR just seems to get worse and worse. An item that had lots of useful information has lost this information completely and contains only the details from one of its child items. I can tell from the date stamps in the information I've entered that this happened in the last few days, but I don't know exactly when and so, no, I can't tell you the steps to take to reproduce it. Also, I can't send you the database because it has lots of confidential information, some of it important, which UR has now lost! I can say, though, that it was probably caused by having multiple tabs open as I often have these two items open in tabs.

I'm running the debug build you sent concerning http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=2925 but I don't think that will help to track down the problem as it seems it happens without the user noticing until much later when it's too late to recover data. (I've got backups for the last 5 days and they all show the same thing for the corrupt item.)

I don't know what you at Kinook can do to track down these problems in data integrity and stability and I don't know what more your users can do to help you do that. But if the problems persist it will mean that those of us who rely on UR to a great extent will have to look elsewhere. This would be a great pity because until now UR has proved very reliable. Tabs are a welcome feature in UR, but I can't help feeling they've caused lots of problems.

I wonder what other data UR has lost that I haven't found out about yet!

Last edited by dasymington; 09-05-2007 at 06:43 PM.