View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 AM

J-Mac,

Here's a quick mock-up of what we've been discussing, perhaps it can serve as a starting point for discussion.

First, I created a Folder (Provider Info) that will hold contact records for your Providers. The Default Child Template for this Folder is the default UR Contact Item.

Second, from the Template Folder, right-click Insert Document, focus is now on the New Document Tempalte. From the IA Pane I set the values for Template Name and Item Title to "Provider-00". From the IA Pane press Insert to create a new Attribute for this Template - the new Attribute is "Provider Name" and its Type is Info Item, upon closing the Item Attribute dialog you are prompted to assign an Item location (chose the Folder "Provider Info").

Third, from Tools | Forms create a Form (Provider) and place the Attribute "Provider Name" on the Form. Assign this Form to the Template.

Fourth, from the Template Folder, right-click Insert Provider-00, focus is now on the new Template. From the IA Pane set the values for Template Name, Item Title, Provider Name to "Provider-01".

Repeat this fourth step for each of the remaining Providers (01-06), making the respective changes in the IA Pane for each. All of these Templates (01-06) will be based on Provider-00.

Fifth, from the Root, right-click Insert Folder and name it "Import Provider pdf".

From Folder "Import Provider pdf", right-click Insert Folder, name it "Provider-00" and set the Default Child Template to Provider-00. Repeat for the remaining Providers (01-06), renaming the Folder and setting the Default Child Template value repectively.

Notes:
You had originally mentioned that the value for Provider Name was to be selected from a List, I've opted to make this an Info Item in order to make the Provider Contact Info accessible from the individual Item (Ctrl-Q from the Provider Name field).

I've also opted for a Provider-00 which is an unassigned Provider - looking to the future or infrequent use. Bear in mind that you'll need to create the Provider contact record prior to importing to Provider-00 so that you have something to assign to the Provider Name after import.

Obviously I've used a generic Provider Name value (00-06) for illuistrative purposes, in actual use you'll want these values to be the actual name of the provider.

Anyway, this is my initial take your project.
Attached Files
File Type: zip j-mac provider.zip (89.9 KB, 2141 views)