View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 11:40 AM

Correct. I thought not using the "-d" option had worked, but I was wrong. The working directory is a local folder to which a repository in Surround is assigned. The workdir command is used to set a working directory. I was thinking about this a little more last night. This is the resolution that I came up with:

1) Open up the GUI and setup all working directories or use the CLI command "workdir" to setup all working directories
2) When using the Surround SCM step where in VBP, do not enter anything for a directory.

This will fix the whole problem I originally wrote in about, the reason I did not having working directories setup is that the login I use for Surround is different than the login the build machine uses. The build machine login never has had working directories set.

If you setup your working folders before using VBP and do not enter anything in the "directory for local files" field, Surround will assume that you want to work in your working directory and automatically work out of that folder. This will also allow Surround to add all necessary information to the .MYSCMServerinfofile.

I still prefer using the "-d" option, but others may not.