View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 08:09 AM

Unhappy Project step not working after upgrading to Visual Build Professional 7.7

Hi,

I had a .bld file on Visual Build Professional 5.7 version which was working fine. But after upgrading my .bld file to Visual Build Professional 7.7 version a step called "Get new assemblies" is not working.

We are running MakeVS.Net step to compile the projects.
Reference assemblies are stored at C:\Dependent Binaries\Reference\ and the latest dlls compiled from MakeVS.Net are stored at C:\Dependent Binaries\Release\

Since the list of projects that visual build creates is in alphabetical order, few projects fail to compile due to cyclic dependency. To deal with this, we are running the compilation multiple time.

Once the MakeVS.Net goes through compiling all the projects in the list. We have a step called "Get new assemblies" which will copy the compiled latest dlls(binaries) from C:\Dependent Binaries\Release\ to C:\Dependent Binaries\Reference.
Now, we re-run the compilation if any project fails compilation.

Problem is, after upgrading to VSBuild 7.7 "Get new assemblies" step is not working and the build stops soon after build goes through the entire project list.

I've attached the Bld files before and after upgradation and a text file with log snippet showing the same.

Please help me!

Thanks,
Sujay