View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 12:23 AM

I followed all the directions in the help file as shown below.

2 Things I noticed

1. I could edit, ie Add text etc and highlight webpages I saved from the website.

2. I could not edit (eg Add or change text) ALTHOUGH I could highlight webpages from the http://www.kinook.com/Download/Misc/URManual.zip that you posted. I had downloaded it to my computer and opened the UltraRecall.urd

I also notice that when I had UltraRecall.urd loaded, the Format toolbar is "greyed out" unless I select a couple of characters even though I have given the Item, Edit Web Page (Crtl+Shift+0) command.

This is in contrast to me edting a webpage that I saved off the internet in Point 1 above where the Format Toolbar is not greyed out at all once I give the Item, Edit Web Page (Crtl+Shift+0) command.

I must be missing something here.

Any help would be most appreciated.

------------------------

"Editing Web Pages Internally

Web pages that have been imported into Ultra Recall can be edited, as well as viewed, within Ultra Recall:
1. Ensure that .htm;.html;.mht is included in the File extensions to display in internal browser view file extension list in Browser Options.
2. Ensure that .htm;.html;.mht is also included in the File extensions to open stored documents writeable file extension list in Document Options.

Note: You may need to restart Ultra Recall after updating these options. Linked web pages must be non-read-only in order to edit internally, and only local files (not pages on web sites) can be edited within Ultra Recall.

To edit a stored or linked web page item internally, select it and choose Item | Edit Web Page on the menu bar. While editing, elements on the web page can be selected, deleted, moved, text can be formatted, styled, bulleted, colored, typed, etc., using the Format Toolbar and Format menu bar. To exit edit mode, choose View | Refresh on the menu."
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...ghtsub=editing