View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:05 AM

Outlook - Bidirectional Search Synchronization

Setup
- I've created a synchronization folder to store all my Outlook appointments in.
- I've created a synchronization search for newly created appointments in UR so that any new appointments I create in the tree hierarchy of UR can be synchronized to Outlook.

Steps taken
1. I create a new appointment in the tree hierarchy (outside of the synchronization folder)
2. I synchronize it using Search Synchronization. This results in the appointment appearing in Outlook (good).
3. I then synchronize my Folder Synchronizatio nin UR. This causes the appointment to also appear there.

End result
I now have the same appointment twice in UR. Note that they do both have different outlook URL (weird).

Most importantly, the one appointment which should be leading (the one in the tree hierarchy) isn't updated anymore from Outlook. Any changes I make in Outlook are only reflected in the Folder synchronized UR folder. And what happens the next time I use search synchronization, does it uni-directionally overwrite changes I made in outlook?

Feature suggestion
Bidirectional Search Synchronization. Then I can simply synchronize all appointments throughout my tree regardless of where they are.

Last edited by Quantum7; 11-05-2007 at 06:09 AM.