View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM

Visual Representation

Yes, visual representation at times beats using the tree, hoisting notwithstanding. It would be nice if UR eventually gets around to including this feature, sort of like the one in ConnectedText (see below). I don't believe this is on the roadmap, but it should be.

By the way, below is a recent post at

http://www.outlinersoftware.com/topi...-visualization

Posted by Manfred
Jul 16, 2009 at 02:36 PM

ConnectedText already allows you to see its contents in the Navigator as a visual representation, sort of like the Brain. You can navigate to any topic or node from any other node, and when you click on any of the nodes and are taken to the corresponding topic.

In the next version -- I am a beta-tester -- there is a “Graph” command that allows you to embed a static navigator-like graphic in any topic. You can specify the size of the picture and the level of depth in the linked topics desire. This looks very much like a mind map, and clicking on any node will take you to the corresponding topic.

So ConnectedText in addition to a very capable outliner will have a visual outliner that I have not seen as well implemented in any other application.

Manfred

Last edited by tfjern; 07-16-2009 at 06:40 PM.