View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 03:01 PM

best PDF software for browser based display in Ultra Recall

I see many people here talking about foxit or pdf xchange beeing preferable to adobe reader for displaying pdfs in UR (via browser). I just quite thoroughly tried all three of them, and cannot really follow the opinions above (this said with IE 9, win 7 64bit und UR Pro 4.2a).

Foxit reader: stealing focus in UR, quite slow (which is a knock out criterium for previews).

PDF xchange viewer: stealing focus, its pdf editing functions being great but useless when used in UR internally, as there is no saving possibility.

Adobe reader X: smooth, fast, not stealing focus (most of the time), option to open pdfs in browser in "read mode" (clean previews), text selection mode set as standard (which I prefer).

Sumatra Reader: not of interest, as there is no support for IE.

I really like pdf xchange, and I use it as my standard pdf viewer and editor when opening pdfs. But unluckily, when it comes to browser based previews, it is always stealing UR the focus (still with the option set to prevent it in UR), and adobe just works smoother and looks cleaner for pdf previews.