View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 03:40 PM

My opinion in response to your marked theoretical but valuable thesis (not exclusively yours as can be seen but also others'), is that the dilemma exposed by you Textfarm, as I see it, is a normal environment of the software developing arena. It is exactly the challenge softwares firms have to deal with. If that dilemma did not exist there wouldn´t be any need to fight for the development of strong technology and for innovation. But I insist in one thing: you have to differentiate between the phenomenon found in devices such as cameras, media players, etc., and the one (and more complex) that exists in the software field. Going further with this idea, I can emphasize that it is precisely the search for innovation and inteligence in design interwoven with feature richness what this dilemma has caused. From this reality have emerged software giants like MS Excel and others that seem unbeatable in their respective categories.

Ultra Recall is a marvelous piece of software in my perception, a true gem of a programme. And has the advantage of being a well conceived management tool from its origen. But what has made this possible is that its developers seem to have envisioned what was really needed in the market of PIMs and have managed to pack a balanced and impressive bundle of features into UR. The set of unique *features* is what has placed UR where it is. I also see that Ultra Recall is backed by a competent and awesome community of followers in this forum whose contributions have really impressed me for the high quality of their suggestions/discussions and I can mention many. This combination can push UR even further in the preference of the PIM consumers.

Leoram

Last edited by Leoram; 03-03-2006 at 12:30 PM.