View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 PM

Re: Re: A Few UR Questions

Thanks $bill (nice user name).
Quote:
Originally posted by $bill
file/open ...the "trees" are not joined in the explorer. I use the database toolbar to Switch among the data files and set the tools /options/general behavior to display one taskbar item.
Yeah, I stumbled on the database toolbar shortly after posting. Provides a nice way to switch between databases, but the answer is apparently "no": No multiple databases in a single instance of UR and no ability to search across databases.
Quote:
perhaps you don't have the start -time/date, reminder and recurring distinctions clear. see http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Manual/reminders.htm
populate the attributes -Start time and Start date
[/B]
I'm talking about the recurring attribute. An alert or alarm template could be derived from the appointment template if the recurring attribute included hours and minutes. For example, let's say a job is running and I want to set up an alarm to check available disk space every 30 minutes.
Quote:
Dropping from Win explorer into UR data explorer window works for me-perhaps related to the options in Options/browser. didn't have the chance to test.
[/B]
When I drop a folder address onto an item the folder and any files in it are imported (copied) into UR. What I'd prefer is just a link or shortcut to the folder. I placed a hyperlink in the parent text area instead so this is a minor issue, I just don't know why it behaves differently from Web pages.