View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 10:36 PM

My experience with Tag2Find leads me to believe the system performance impact would be negligible.

However, everyone has different tolerance levels. I wouldn't have this problem if I was willing to pull the files into the UR database, but I object to THAT, so everyone has things they are and aren't willing to live with. External file tracking would definitely have to be a configurable setting for sure.

UR's whole purpose is keeping track of virtually EVERYTHING and goes to great lengths to do it. I would probably think of UR as Tag2Find carried to it's better, logical conclusion.

Anything that would enrich UR's capability of tracking external stuff, it's raison d'tere, after all, would seem like an obviously useful addition.

Oh, well. Everyone is different, I guess. I'll go ahead and make the suggestion.

In the meantime, I'll see if there's some way to integrate UR and some external utility for tracking file movement. Never knowing if files I'm moving around are breaking connections in UR is intolerable.