View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Administrator

It certainly sounds like some sort of update is playing into this. But I wouldn't excuse an MS patch or security update just yet -- some of theirs have been known to have unintended side effects as well (having been bitten by one of these myself, I'm quite leary of installing their patches).

As a workaround, if you don't need the extra capabilities that the Make VS.NET action provides, you could just invoke devenv directly from a Run Program action [1] to build VS.NET projects/solutions from your build. (The Make VS.NET and VS.NET Get Version actions are the only parts of VBP that use .NET.)

But it would be nice to get to the bottom of this. We probably won't be able to do much unless we can reproduce the problem here, and to do that we'll need to know what caused it. The only way to determine that would likely be for you to start with a clean machine and systematically apply all the updates pushed onto these boxes since the problem first manifested, building enough times after each update to tell if the problem occurs.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...neSwitches.asp