View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 04:31 PM

off the wall idea relative to this thread

if only UltraRecall could have the possibility to provide a dynamic mind map view of the tree - and the ability to view, organize, reorganize, navigate via the map view - for me that would be nirvana...

if you follow the plans of http://connectedtext.com/news.html, you will see they are creating a wiki style info manager with a dynamic map view of all topics (tree items)

but even the now out-of-date personalbrain makes it much much easier to work with huge numbers of topics/nodes - though they have a new java based version coming out mid year...

Mindjet Mindmanager is the best conventional mind mapper, but its way behind in performance and many other areas.

for a me a map type function for organizing and navigating through very large numbers of nodes is the way to go ---- but at this time there are no mind mapping products that even come close to the industrial strength data management, and wealth of other info management features that UR has...

if UR implemented dynamic mind maps to view, organize, reorganze and navigate the ifo items, I think I might not look at another product seriously ever again!