View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
The problem with 90% of mind maps, at least from my point of view, is that they don't alow mutliple parents, and they are static, they don't update display when there an important info added. They are basically tree structures, which most of the PIMs have anyway. The only difference is that the main topic is usually in the middle, instead of top left. Nothing else. I don't need MindManager or Freemind for that. I have item Maps and then all subitems of Maps are Root items of the mind map which when hoisted provides 99% of the features that 90% of the mindmanagers offer, with the addded benefit that everything is in UR, can be interlinked with other mind maps or rest of the data in UR.
I've been an ardent user of MindManager since 2003. You may be intrigued by latest features offered by MindManager 9.
For multiple parents, you can always use relations and floating topic(s) to circumvent the restriction.
It's a structural restriction. MindManager's design is based on outline. That may explain why a child can't have multiple parents.
Nonetheless, the combination of UR and MindManager can offer you the most powerful productivity tool available today. Correct me if I'm wrong.
In essence, all mindmaps can offer is a general visual concept and relationships between topics (aka info items in UR). All UR can offer is the data/contents. One complements another.
The marriage of UR and MindManager is easy by cross-hyperlinks. Every info item/folder in UR can be linked to topics in MindManager and vice versa.
Armstrong