View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:14 PM

I undestand.

The problem with 90% of mind maps, at least from my point of view, is that they don't alow mutliple parents, and they are static, they don't update display when there an important info added. They are basically tree structures, which most of the PIMs have anyway. The only difference is that the main topic is usually in the middle, instead of top left. Nothing else. I don't need MindManager or Freemind for that. I have item Maps and then all subitems of Maps are Root items of the mind map which when hoisted provides 99% of the features that 90% of the mindmanagers offer, with the addded benefit that everything is in UR, can be interlinked with other mind maps or rest of the data in UR.

Then there is another level on mind managers, like the brain and those using the touchgraph plugin like connectedtext and mindraider, (maybe also flying logic could be added to this category). They alow multiple parents and also update the display to show the closest items and reorganize them automatically. Because UR allows multiple parents, UR data explorer doesn't do the justice to the underlying structure that UR is capable to create, because it can only display simple tree structure. Therefore it would be great if Data Explorer could display the "full picture", which could then be used as a mind map inside excellent PIM. Best of both worlds.