View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 09:49 AM

Graham,

I'm running Win XP SP-2, and MS Office 2000 SP-3.

There are a couple of additional comments that I would add to this post:

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthr...p;threadid=2405

My Options are set to always Store content when Importing.

1. The omissions that I would add is that after Importing a Word doc to the UR Template Folder, for the new Item created I then delete the value in the URL Attribute field (do a Ctrl-4 to show the Items Attributes Pane, the URL Attribute is found under the Document group).

2. For Tools | Options | Documents - Prompt before updating for local copy of Stored Document is Unchecked.

I don't know what, if any, bearing either of these omissions have on getting my posted instructions to work - I think I may have had to do this to keep the UR Template from taking on the edits of it's derived Item, but I'm just not sure (I didn't keep notes).

All I can say is that these are my settings and they work on my system. My apologies if these omissions have caused problems.

I will say that when creating a new item from a UR Template based on a Word doc, after editing the in the diplayed Word doc even though I Save within the displayed Word doc, when moving focus to a new Item UR will still flash a synchronizing screen. I don't know what it's synchronizing to enlight of my above settings (possibly the original UR Template - ??? - maybe this is an internal database thing).

Regarding your rtf problem - I can not duplicate it.

I can create a new Text Item (rtf) and edit to my hearts content. The same is true for the rtf area at the bottom of a new Contact Item.

Since you mentioned that your settings for Tools | Options | Editor - File extensions to display in the text editor conains .rtf (which I believe is default), I just don't know.

Regarding your problem with Excel, I haven't tried any of this with Excel yet.

Later,
KenA