View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hilary
Only one question after experimenting with this - what about the effects of deleting files from the folder outside UltraRecall? Not good: the deleted emails are still all listed in UR, this generates access violation and error messages all over the shop, and one final error message when I try to re-synchronise the folder. I gave up and deleted it from UR altogether.

Rats.

Does this mean that once you've synchronised a folder, you can only delete its files from within UR? That would be a nuisance, but could be done. Only what if you want to move an email to an archive after handling it? Then, it seems, the folder in UR - with all your keywording, reminders and all - would become un-synchronisable and unusable.

Not a success.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I use what I described & it works for me.

However, I can tell you that I 'save as' only those emails I'm interested in to the UR sync folder so essentially it's a copy of what's in my email client. All deletions, then are linked only to that folder, not to my email client.

I handle my email client separately, i.e. I set time limits for cleaning out folders, delete what I want, etc -- all of which has no effect on what's in UR.

The other thing you should know is that I don't use Outlook and if you are & are trying to sync Outlook w UR, then you will have to pose that question to someone else as I know less than nothing about Outlook synchronization.

But if you are using Outlook Express or any other independent client, then what I described should work as it does here. Hope you find your own solution.

When you do, please post it here. Thanks & good luck.