Thread: Tab Titles
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:22 AM

Re: Re: Re: Tab Titles

Quote:
Originally posted by bkonia
[B][snip] After I click on the favorite, then I would have my To Do list open in a tab. Great. Now what? As soon as I click on one of the items in the list, the tab title changes to that item.[/snip]
Not necessarily. As posted you can open each item in a new tab via keyboard shortcut <CTRL>+ENTER or via context menu "Open in New Tab"

Quote:
Originally posted by bkonia
[B][snip] Now the phone rings and it's someone asking me about some other project. I open a new tab and navigate to the information I need for that person.[/snip]
I have contacts set up as a favorite search so when I click on contacts, it automatically goes into search mode. As I type in a few characters it finds the contact & opens it in a new tab. I do not disturb other open tabs.

Moreover, there is a request in to kinook to allow locking of tabs which would help solve your issue. But I think part of the problem that you have expressed is based on familiarity w UR tricks.

The Brain is a totally different approach & I can understand your atrraction to it but I think it is apples & oranges, i.e. totally different approaches to data gathering & usage. And, IMO, much of the decision on which approach to use will depend on what you want to do with your data, what kind of data you collect, etc.

Obviously there is no right & wrong here. And I am not trying to convince you to choose to URp over TB. All I am saying is:

(1) I don't think you are using URp to it's fullest potential
(2) Which program to use ultimately should be based on your usage. Unlike the OJ Simpson trial, one glove does not fit all. :-)

There are some very, very expereinced URp users on this forum. Usually they have senior next to their names. These people are URp smarter than I am & hopefully if you post specific questions... like how do I....? they will jump in here & demonstrate some of URp's more interesting capabilities.

HTH