View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 08:16 AM

The data area passed to a sytsem call is too small

I've been trying to copy over information from PersonalBrain 4 to UR. If I have both applications open and I copy a chunk of formatted text from PB4's notes editor, I get the following modal dialog in UR:

"The data area passed to a sytsem call is too small"

I get the dialog immediately upon copying the data from PB4 onto the clipboard. In other words, the dialog appears before I even try to paste the data into UR!

Clicking on OK to dismiss the dialog doesn't work. It comes back immediately. However, if I clear the clipboard or copy some plain text (from Notepad for example), then the problem goes away.

Therefore, it seems that PB4's clipboard format is somehow messing up UR. This seems to happen specifically when I am copying text from PB4 that uses advanced formatting functions, such as multi-level bulleted lists. I can copy plain unformattted text from PB4's editor without any problem.

I'm using UR version 3.2.1 and PB4 version 4.1.0.7. Also note that this problem has nothing to do with the UR database itself. If I create a brand new empty database in UR and copy from PB4 onto the clipboard, the error message appears.