View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 AM

you have to see Ecco :)

Quant, thanks, but... you'd really have to use Ecco a bit to see what I mean

And I'm referring to "one item" rather than "the tree of items."

Let me describe it as if it were an application you probably have used - Excel, or any other spreadsheet....

In UR, you add a new "Task." You get an item based on a template and form that has Item Title, Priority, etc.. But with a big textbox at the bottom where you can type whatever you like (free form). I'm referring to this textbox.

You can of course create your own templates, forms, etc, so that different fields show up, but you pretty much always get that "one big textbox" to go along with the fields you choose to include in your form.

What I'm asking for is to have the ability to make that one big textbox NOT a textbox but an Ecco-like Outliner. Sure, you can type lines and use TABS, but this would just be a cooler way to do it - trust me - or go try Ecco.

Short of using Ecco, picture that I'm asking for it to be a "spreadhseet" instead. So "that big textbox" would instead be "a grid." Sure, you can "add a table" to your text area, but... if the whole thing were a GRID, I'm sure someone would be happy

Maybe now they can give us Ecco Outlining, AND a Grid

Travis