View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 06:00 AM

Yes, of course, but ...

The search function in Ultra Recall is, well, less than robust (a topic that has been discussed several times before). I've tested almost every similar program, from AskSam to OneNote, and abandoned them out of disappointment (e.g., AskSam too buggy, OneNote too slow, TheBrain -- too huh?, etc.).

But I'm still with Ultra Recall, despite its less than spectacular search function (I'm tiptoeing because I like the product, and I don't want to focus too much on a negative, but Ultra RECALL is designed to RECALL stored data, isn't it?).

I realize that I could end up with thousands of hits when searching over multiple databases, but how else am I supposed to find something in a huge pile of information that I've accumulated? You may ask, why use multiple databases in the first place? Just dump everything into one? But I can foresee that I am going to reach a point where I have too much data stored in one file. It would be nice to be able to link several databases with a global search function. I realize there are several third-party software options available, but...

Anyway, Ultra Recall is about as good a product as we are going to get for some time to come, so I for one am going to support it as much as I can, and hope that a global search function will be included in future versions. I guess it's already on the road map.

Say, isn't 3.5 supposed to be out by now?