View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 10:15 AM

Unhappy Time consuming issue

UltraRecall is a great tool to organize stuffs and I'm trying to take a good handle of it and at the same time trying to adapt to this marvelous piece of software. However, there's something I just can't see a logical explanation.

Here's something I find a strange behavior:

When I link, move, copy or copy single an Info Item from the Child Items pane to anywhere else in the Data Explorer pane I see that, once you pick the item from the list, the Child Items pane gets repopulated, or, said in other words, redraws itself no matter how it is sorted and which one of the mouse button you use to accomplish the task (right or left button). It is something that can be notoriously more ostensible when your Child Items pane has many items (in the order of hundreds). I have used some PIMs besides UR. I have noticed that none of the other PIMS behaves this way. For long lists of items this can be time consuming (you have to wait for the "repopulation" to finish in order to go on) and sometimes it's not easy to locate the spot you were working on in the list in order to go back to retake your task. When you have to deal with many move, copy, link this can be an issue. I think someting should be done to change this behavior.

Is this something you have noticed and have plans to take care of? Anyway thanks for a good product.

Leoram