Thread: tag cloud
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
OK, but here's where I get tripped up on this request ...
So why do I care how many times the keyword is expressed in each item? ...
What am I missing?
Well janrif, I suggest you take a step back from the hard core precise quantitive analysis stable for a moment and think of tag clouds as giving a fuzzy furry landscape picture of revealing. You are pondering where you might like to direct your future time and effort. Well, what have you been doing up until now? You could nut out a heavily numeric analysis to aid in your decision making. Or, you could embrace a more abstract approach. Imagine querying a tag cloud associated with a particular topic that you have stored in your UR database and sitting back after a couple of glasses of a nice red and a big fat doob staring at it. Comparing the big fat words with the little dimmed words. Wondering whether you like what it's saying to you. Do you like what the big fat bold words are saying about where you have been spending your time? Does a little dimmed word tickle your fancy? Does it sneak subtly into your subconscious as something you wish you were spending more time on? Whilst not listening to the words you are hearing come out from the mouth of a person you wish you weren't with, an explosion of ideas rambles through your brain as it reveals from whence you have been and where you should head.

I hope this helps.
Lord Zargron.