View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 05:24 PM

Outlook linking vs storing

Hello,
I'm trying out the eval of UR and I think I've finally found software that will let me organize things the way I think. That's despite the fact I've obviously misunderstood how it works and I've now deleted months of important e-mail. I thought if I copied and pasted e-mail from Outlook it would be stored, if I dragged and dropped it appeared to be linked. I copied and pasted several folders worth of e-mail into a database I created to archive old projects. I deleted a few 'test' e-mails and they still appeared in UR so I thought all was good. I deleted the contents of several of the archived folders and looked in UR, all still appears well. I then tried to open one (I swear I did that with the test e-mails and they worked) and I see "Click here to open the linked document". What the !$% happened? How can I store items in UR rather than just link to them? I do have ClearContext loaded in Outlook, and have had Outlook crash several times since moving my e-mail so it may be related (Outlook states problems with the ClearContext plugin on restart). Thanks for anyones time and suggestions, I really want to use this product!